Oakridge Estates Swim Club Rules
Oakridge Estates Swim Club Pool Rules 2020
1. Weather permitting the pool hours will be as follows :
Monday - Thursday - 11am to 8:00 pm. Fri to 9:00 pm.
Saturday & Sunday - 11am to 7:00 pm
2. The pool will be closed if the outside temperature is below 65 °F degrees.
3. All swimmers will be asked to get out of the pool in the case of any sound of thunder or sight of
lightning . There is a 30 minute assessment period after thunder/lightning. After 30 consecutive
minutes of no indication of thunder or lightning the pool will reopen.
4. There will be a 15 minute break during every hour which must be observed by all swimmers under
18 years of age. Only adults are permitted to swim during a rest period.
5. Swim team members are not allowed to swim laps during break. During break, children are not
allowed to sit on the edge of the pool or on the steps.
6. When one lifeguard is on duty for an extended period of time, he or she may on occasion call a
complete rest period, in which neither adults nor children are allowed in the pool.
7. All accidents should be reported immediately to the lifeguard on duty.
8. The use of Frisbees, small balls or similar items is prohibited. No throwing items across the pool.
9. Floats and rafts will not be allowed while social distancing rules are in place. Young children may
use arm floats or puddle jumpers.
10. Children 11 years or younger, must be accompanied by a responsible 16 year old or older member.
11. The baby pool is closed and will remain closed for the season.
12. The following will not be permitted and are cause for ejection from the pool at the discretion of
the lifeguards and/or board members:
A. Diving in the shallow end of the pool.
B. Running or pushing on the decks around the pool.
C. Wrestling or rough play in the pool area.
D. Profanity or other offensive language.
E. Inappropriate displays of affection that would not be suited for a family-oriented pool.
13. Only one person is permitted on the diving board at a time. Only forward facing dives. No diving or jumping off the sides of the diving board. Any rough play or wild diving from the diving board will be cause for ejection from the pool.
THESE DIVING BOARD RULES ARE FOR THE SAFETY AND THE SAFETY OF OTHERS.
THE DIVING WELL HAS CURVED WALLS, AND IT IS ONLY THE DEEPEST IN THE CENTER.